Colours impact our mood, our appetite, our energy level.[[wysiwyg_imageupload:19:]]
In web design colours play powerful role - make us feel and react certain way.
In corporate design colours are critical to building the brand’s image. Specific colour scheme used effectively and consistently throughout all marketing materials creates more unified and familiar look, associates those colours with a company.
By using colour psychology, you can send a positive or negative message, encourage sales, calm a crowd, or make ones heart to beat faster.
Here is a meaning of basic colours which will help you to make your colour choices wisely from the start!
- Associated with: comfort, liveliness, intellect, happiness, energy, laughter, happiness, optimism, cowardice
- Recognized as: creative, young, visible, bright, lively, cheerful, light, curious, playful, nutritious, eye-catching, attention-grabbing, cowardly
- Associated with: enthusiasm, ambition, creativity, cheerfulness, affordability, stimulation
- Recognized as: Welcoming, warning, festive, active, excited, communicative, inspiring, cosy, helpful, friendly
- Associated with: energy, strength, boldness, leadership, career goals, determination, fast action, movement, excitement, cheerfulness, passion, desire, love, life, courage, danger, risk, war, blood, bravery, aggression
- Recognized as: Powerful, vital, dynamic, energetic, romantic, seductive, passionate, commanding, alert, rebellious, complementary, visible, hot, fiery, fun, drawing attention, eye-catching, noticeable
- Associated with: power, wealth, prosperity, rich sophistication, nobility, luxury, mystery, royalty, elegance, magic, wisdom, respect
- Recognized as: intelligent, artistic, aloof, luxurious, royal, vain, fantastic, melancholic, feminine, fragrant, solemn
- Associated with: reliability, safety, honesty, optimism, harmony, freshness, durability, growth, nature, money, wealth, envy, good luck, generosity, fertility, peace, harmony, support, good energy
- Recognized as: reliable, safe, honest, patient, natural, adventurous, relaxed, athletic, lucky, balanced, safe, conservative, musculine
- Associated with: depth, stability, professionalism, loyalty, reliability, honour, trust, dependability, wisdom, loyalty
- Recognized as: peaceful, formal, trustworthy, reliable, firm, determined, educated, clean, free, deep, technical
- Associated with: elegance, sophistication, formality, strength, mystery, authority, power, stability and strength, intelligence, evil, grieving
- Recognized as: elegant, formal, powerful, serious, conservative, sophisticated, conventional, mysterious, sexy
- Associated with: cleanliness, purity, harmony, truth, new beginnings, virginity, peace, innocence, simplicity, safety, neutrality, creativity, spirituality, precision, positivity, union, goodness, heroism
- Pure, clean, new, innocent, simple
Some useful links:
- Colour Lovers
- Adobe Kuler
- Color Unleashed App
- Color Expert App
- myPantone App
- Beautifully crafted websites for colour inspirations and more